The Ultimate Uphill Workout
Walking uphill, climbing a staircase, each are regarded as one of the best methods to increase cardio, strength and overall stamina. It’s no wonder that indoor climbing apparatus have enjoyed a high regard. A variety of equipment providers, even treadmills, now offer an uphill version. While all apparatus have their benefits, what’s best for heavy commercial applications, light industrial and home use will really vary. First Degree Fitness Aspen is optimized for light industrial and home use applications. Every step on Aspen StairMill earns high regard as the best uphill workout in a small foot print.
Benefits of Step Climbing
For those who are serious about losing weight and burning more calories in less time, stair climbing offers a great way to achieve those goals by enabling versatile indoor programs. As well as the obvious cardiovascular benefits, stair climbing also:
- Gives a great low impact, high cardio, calorie burn workout.
- Uses more muscle groups than treadmill work.
- Gives a larger range of movement than other exercise machines
- Improves joint flexibility and joint nutrition
- improves trunk (core) stability
- Improves balance and coordination
StairMill climbing is also considerably more beneficial than forms of step up -step down exercise, as it greatly reduces stress on joints, especially knees. The join loading in stepping down is approximately 2 1/2 times that in steeping up.
- Low impact, non jarring cardio-respiratory workout
- Increased oxygen intake and muscle strength
- Improved bone density
- Maximum Speed: 120 steps per minute
- User-controlled variable pace to suit all levels of fitness
- Electromagnetic braking system (no motor)
- Highly reliable step lock system with sensor/reflector
- Computer controlled system
- Contact heart rate monitor
- Tracks time, distance in floors, and speed in steps per minute.
- Minimum ceiling height: 96” (8 feet)
- Size: 44” L x 26” W x 68” H
- Weight: 222 lb.